Microsoft Office 2013 is the latest Office suite from Microsoft. It is the most advanced suite till date which adds a lot of extra features and functionality on top of Office 2010. If you have bought Microsoft Office 2013 in one language, you can always convert it into another language by using a Office 2013 language pack. But if you don’t want to convert the whole installation into another language but only want features like fonts, spell checking, translations etc.. of an additional language, you will need Office 2013 proofing tools.
Microsoft Office proofing tools kit is an add-on pack for Office which contains different additions to Microsoft Office like fonts, spellings, grammar checkers, auto-correct lists, auto-summarize rules, translation dictionaries, keyboard layouts etc. Although you can download the proofing tools from within Office 2013, we will also give direct download links to the proofing tools of each language for your ease.
Install Proofing Tools using Office 2013 language tool
Let’s first discuss how to install proofing tools using Office 2013 language preferences tools which will be installed automatically with Office 2013.
If you are using Windows 8, go to Start search (WinKey + Q) and search for “Office 2013 language preferences”. Select the same result from the search results.
This will open Microsoft Office 2013 language preferences window. You can see all the installed languages here. If you want to install proofing tools for a specific language, you can select the language from the drop down menu and then click on Add button.
- After you click on the Add button, a new language will appear in the list above but it will show as not installed. Click on the Not installed link. This will take you to a web page where you can download and install the proofing tools of your selected language.
Download Office 2013 Proofing tools directly to your computer
Another way to install the proofing tools is to select your desired language and click on the appropriate link below. All the links below are direct download links so the download will start immediately. You can then click on the executable to install the proofing tools.
If I have missed any language, please let me know through comments and I’ll try to add it in the list.
- Download the proofing tool file from above direct download links.
- Run the setup program.
- On the Read the Microsoft Software License Terms page, review the terms, select the “Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms” check box, and then click Continue.
- The setup wizard runs and installs the proofing tools.
- After the installation has completed, restart your open Office applications.
Uninstalling Office 2013 language proofing tools
- Go to Programs and Features under Control Panel in Windows 8.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2013 Preview – [Language] and then click Uninstall, Remove, or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
Please note that Office 2013 proofing tools and Office 2013 language packs are the same thing. Some proofing tools will also contain language help files and interface changes which you can configure in the language preferences tool discussed above.
You may also want to download Office 2013 RTM final version.