DirectX is a collection of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) designed specifically to enable Windows-based systems to run multimedia-enhanced applications. DirectX is available for download through the links below. You can download the latest DirectX offline installer for various versions of Windows from the links below.
With DirectX, all the latest Windows Operating Systems can handle multimedia, including video and game programming on Microsoft platforms.
Those using older versions of Windows must download and install the DirectX for Windows-specific version. You are advised to apply the Microsoft DirectX Updates as they become available to ensure that your system manages multimedia files in the most effective manner.
How to check DirectX version Installed on PC
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool allows you to determine what version of DirectX is installed on your computer. To check DirectX version, follow these steps:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key and the R key together. Run will appear on the screen. Press the OK button after typing “dxdiag” in the Run App.
- You can check the DirectX version in the “System” tab of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window.
Versions of DirectX for Windows
Different versions of Windows support varying versions of DirectX offline installer, so Windows users have to download DirectX according to their compatibility.
- DirectX 12: Windows 10 comes with the latest DirectX 12. Microsoft releases directX updates via Windows Update. We are unable to provide download links for DirectX offline installers. You can update DirectX by installing the latest Windows update. DirectX 12 is not compatible with other versions of Windows. If you are using an older version, you neeupgrade.
- DirectX 11: DirectX 11.4 and DirectX 11.3 are also supported by the latest version of Windows 10 and updated via Windows Update.
- The DirectX 11.2 version is supported by Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
- DirectX 11.1 : is compatible with 3 versions of Windows, i.e Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 (SP1). DirectX 11.0 can be installed on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. DirectX 11 can be downloaded from the official links provided in this blog post.
- DirectX 10 : Like DirectX 11.0, version 10 is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- DirectX 9 : DirectX 9 is available for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
Download DirectX Offline Installer for Windows
- Download DirectX 11 for Windows 7 SP1 – 64-bit and 32-bit
- Download DirectX 11 Web Installer
- Download DirectX 10
- Download DirectX 9 Offline Installer