Windows Live Essentials offline installer comes with a lot of command line switches which are useful for silent unattended installation and mass deployment. Switches can be used on Windows Live Essentials 2009 and 2011 full installers.
Let’s first take a look at the available silent switches for Windows Live Essentials and then we’ll learn how to use these switches.
- /AppSelect:[ProductID] or ![ProductID]
- /NOToolbarCEIP (to not opt into Toolbar CEIP)
- /NOhomepage (to not set home page defaults)
- /Nolaunch (blocks all applications from running automatically after your installation is complete)
- /NOMU (to opt the computer into Microsoft Update)
- /nosearch (to not set search defaults)
- /q (for a silent/unattended install)
And now let’s take a look at the products available in Windows Live Essentials 2011:
- moviemaker (installs the Photo gallery as well!)
All these products have to be used with /AppSelect switch.
Here’s an example of how to use these switches using the command prompt:
WLSetup-all.exe /q /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /Nolaunch /nosearch /AppSelect:Photo,Mail,Messenger