Most of the Internet users will almost always start a browser after they have started their system. Mozilla Firefox is a popular browser equally amongst techies and normal users.Firefox takes a lot of time when opened for the first time especially if you have a lot of add-ons installed. There are many tweaks by which we can make Firefox faster.
Firefox Preloader is a Firefox add-on that will preload Firefox with system startup. When you want to open Firefox, it will open almost instantly because all the Firefox files will have been preloaded at system startup by Firefox Preloader.
Configuring Firefox Preloader is a bit tricky. Here’s how you can configure it correctly.
- Download Firefox Preloader from Firefox Addons site and install it in Firefox.
- Now go to the folder where Firefox is installed. (C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox by default)
- Find the file Firefox.exe, right click it and create a shortcut preferably on your desktop (Send to desktop)
- Now go to the Desktop and right click the shortcut –> Properties –> Shortcut
- Under Target, append -preloader at the end of the line. The default line is:
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
When you append -preloader, it will become:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -preloader
Firefox Preloader will load Firefox at system startup and then Firefox will open instantly whenever you wish to open Firefox. But make sure that you are opening Firefox through the shortcut you have created on the Desktop.