How To Re-install Built In Metro Apps In Windows 8
Windows 8 comes with a few built-in Metro apps which are very useful for everyone. The examples include Mail, People, Calendar, Messaging etc. Since these apps come pre-installed with all versions of Windows 8, Microsoft has made it easier to uninstall the Metro apps.
To uninstall a Windows 8 Metro app, you will need to right-click on the app tile and then select Uninstall from the menu that appears on top. This can be very useful especially for those who will be using Windows 8 on Microsoft Surface or any other tablet. Desktop users can be saved from a going to Control Panel and using a traditional method of uninstalling apps through Programs and Features.
Today I accidentally uninstalled a built-in Metro app and couldn’t find a straightforward method of installing the same app again. I researched on this and have found out that we will need to install the app from the Windows 8 store. Here’s a step by step method to re-install built-in Metro apps in Windows 8.
- Go to the Start screen and select Store.
- Move your mouse cursor to the bottom left of the screen to open the Charms bar.
- Click on the Search button to open search dialog. You can also use WinKey + Q shortcut key to open the search box.
- Search for the metro app that you want to install.
- Select the app from the search results and install the app.
You can see which Metro apps are installed on your computer by right clicking any blank area on the Store app and selecting Your Apps.
I have been able to install all my apps that I had removed from the Start screen. How was your experience about reinstallation of Metro apps?