I have previously written about the updates and patches included in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Service Pack 1 RC1. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RC1 had been first released to the Technet users and then it’s publicly available now.SP1 is available in English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish languages.
You may also like to read:
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 RC will help you:
- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
- Meet your users’ demands for greater business mobility
- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
- Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency
The service pack 1 will only work on RTM versions of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. If you have beta or earlier versions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, then you need to upgrade it to RTM (Release to Manufacturing) version first and then install service pack 1. Also see all you need to know before installing Service Pack 1 RC for Windows 7.
Here’s the direct download link of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RC1:
Download Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RC1 (x86 – for 32-bit OS) [514.68MB]
Download Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RC1 (x64 – for 64-bit OS) [865.38MB]