Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is a framework for developing and running Microsoft software including Windows. We have already given direct download links for .NET Framework 4.0. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is a subset of .NET Framework that is designed to run client applications and to enable fast deployment of Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Forms technology.
You may also like to read:
.NET Framework 4 Client Profile is designed to run on client computers which do not have the full .NET Framework 4.0 installed. Previous version of .NET Framework Client Profile supported Windows XP 32-bit only while the latest version supports other architectures of the Operating System.
Here are some of the improvements provided in .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Improvements in Common Language Runtime (CLR) and Base Class Library (BCL)
- Innovations in the Visual Basic and C# languages, for example statement lambdas, implicit line continuations, dynamic dispatch, and named/optional parameters.
- Improvements in Data Access and Modeling
- Improvements in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Improvements to Windows Workflow (WF) that enable developers to better host and interact with workflows.
- Improvements to Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) such as support for WCF Workflow Services enabling workflow programs with messaging activities, correlation support
- Innovative new parallel-programming features such as parallel loop support, Task Parallel Library (TPL), Parallel LINQ (PLINQ), and coordination data structures which let developers harness the power of multi-core processors.
System Requirements for .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows 7 Service Pack 1;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;Windows Server 2008;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1;Windows Vista Service Pack 1;Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Supported Architectures:
- Hardware Requirements:
- Recommended Minimum: Pentium 1 GHz or higher with 512 MB RAM or more
- Minimum disk space:
- x86 – 600 MB
- x64 – 1.5 GB
- Windows Installer 3.1 or later
- Internet Explorer 5.01 or later