Kaspersky has released a new version of the Kaspersky Pure version 2.0. The product has gone through a complete overhaul. Kaspersky Pure 2.0 can protect and manage every PC in your home via a single PC. It is easy to manage.
File Anti-Virus module of Kaspersky Pure 2 monitors opened files, executed or saved on all your disk drives. It scans a file when you want to open it and before execution it scans the file. If virus is found in the file it is cleaned or deleted. If the Anti-Virus module fails to delete or clean the virus the file is moved to Quarantine.
File Adviser is another feature which enables you to send any file information to the KSN. In this way you can get information about the file. If it is trusted, a prompt will tell you that it is Trusted. You can check the file reputation in KSN by right-click and then Check reputation in KSN.
Network Monitor module keeps track of all network activities. All your ports and connections established by application are monitored through this module and any harmful activity will be ceased.
Safe Run is another feature of Kaspersky Pure that enables you to run any application or open any website which is doubtful of harming your system in a sand-boxed environment, meaning the application or website will not store any data or modify any system data but it will be isolated from the system core files.
Backup and Restore lets you protect your documents and any other data to gain access to your data in case of a hard drive loss.
New Features of the Kaspersky Pure 2.0
- The removal of incompatible applications during the installation is improved. Kaspersky Pure 2.0 will remove some of the applications that are incompatible with it e.g. other antivirus products
- The application has improved system efficiency and performance while browsing the web, making calls, playing online games etc.
- Update system has improved thus minimizing the time it takes to update
- Detection of unknown threats and their removal has been improved
- Kaspersky URL Advisor enables you to specify a category of web sites
- Phishing protection is also improved
- Backup compression is added to minimize the storage space
- Parental Controls, Data encryption container and Password Manager are simplified
- By using Rescue Disk a USB drive can be made to recover the system in cases windows could not boot properly
Kaspersky PURE 2 works on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Although it is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems, some of the features are limited and or not available in 64-bit platform. The program comes as a trial version which can be run for 30 days and costs $99.95 afterwards.