It is essential while using any operating system that you receive its updates too as it helps fix a lot of bugs and glitches. Windows 10 also provides its users with a lot of updates. With the updates being very essential, some of it not only fixes bugs but it also provides the users with some new features with the update.
While installing updates using any of the methods below, make sure you keep a backup or at least create a system restore point, in case you lose any of the data.
In order to assure that you get all the necessary updates that provide more features and security, you can use the methods given below:
By using Windows Update settings:
This is a very easy and the most basic method of checking your Windows for Updates.
- Go to settings
- Click on update and security
- Now at the left side of the screen click on Windows Updates.
- Now click on check for Updates or download .
- After it downloads the update, install them.
- Now it checks if any updates are available and downloads them. Once that’s done it urges you to restart our computer.
- Restart your computer and the updates gets installed.
By using Media Creation Tool:
If you can’t see the updates even after trying from the settings option and you are sure your device is compatible with the update then you may try an updates tool called Media Creation Tool.
- Go To the Microsoft website and search for this or simply open the link: Media creation tool.
- Download the tool by clicking on Download tool now button.
- After Downloading, Double-click the MediaCreationTool1809.exe and it will start installing.
- Click the Accept button.
- Now select Upgrade this PC now. Click Next.
- Now it will start installing the updates for your Windows.
Now this tool will install all the necessary updates and not alter any of your files.
By using Update Assistant:
This is another method of installing the required Updates of Windows. In order to use Update assistant follow the steps given below:
- Open Microsoft website on your browser.
- Click on Update Now.
- Download the Windows10Upgrade tool and run the executable file.
- Now click update now then click Next.
- Now Restart the computer to finish the update installation process.
Manually Download Updates:
If by any chance we miss the updates of Windows 10 that fixes bugs and patches security. We can manually download the updates by visiting the website “Microsoft Update Catalog”.
In order to download an update, you need to know beforehand what you are looking for as you can only access the update by manually searching it. You have to search it by using the reference number which you can google from the month of an update. A reference number looks something like this “KB3194798”.
In order to download the update:
- Open the website Microsoft Update Catalog
Search the update by using the reference number. For Example
- Click the download button to download the update according to your system (32-bit or 62-bit).
- A dialogue box will confirm the downloading of the .msu file.
- Now in order to install this update open Command prompt as administrator.
- Copy the following command by filling in the <name of update> as ‘update number’.
wusa C:\PATH-TO-UPDATE\<NAME-OF-UPDATE>.msu /quiet /norestart
Note: If you wish to restart automatically after the installation, in the command above do not write ‘ /quiet /norestart ‘.
There you go,these are some of the methods used for updating your Windows to the latest version.