Some users might not be comfortable with the default language of Chrome that is “English”. So if you are unable to understand that language then Google Chrome provides us some settings that lets us change the language of the browser.
Change Language in Chrome On Desktop:
You have to follow only a number of steps in order to change the language of Google Chrome to the language of your own choice.
- Open Google Chrome by clicking the icon after downloading it.
- Now click on the ⋮usually considered the settings, in the top right corner of the screen.
- From these options click on settings.
- As the settings open, scroll down at the bottom and you will see advanced settings, click on advanced.
- In the Advanced settings,click on language.
- From the languages option click on Add languages at he bottom of the settings.
- As soon as you click it, a dialogue box opens and it gives you the option of a lot of languages.
- Click on the language you want to switch to. Click on add.
- Now as you have added the language, in order to display it or set it as default Click ⋮ to the right of the language and then click offer to translate pages in this language in the pop-up menu.
- After doing that, relaunch Google chrome.
- Now, whenever you will open any page in Chrome it will offer to translate the page in the desired language that you have selected.
Now you will see that the language is changed to the desired language. There you go! This is an easy method of changing the language in Google Chrome.
“Google Translate” Extension:
Another Method to change the language on your PC can be implemented by using an extension in your Chrome Browser. An extension by the name of “Google Translate” can be used to change the language of your web pages.
- Open the link to add extension: Google Translate
- Now click on add to Chrome. Now the extension will be added.
- Now open any web page you want and if you want to change the language ,click on the extension and then click on translate this page.
Change Language in Chrome On Android:
You might also want to change the language on your Android Phone as well so in order to that follow the 2 steps given below:
Using Google Search Settings:
In order to change the language using Google search settings , follow the steps given below:
- Go to settings.
- Now from there click on Google.
- From here select search, Assistant & voice.
- Under the search tab , click on Search Language.
- From here select the language you want to set in Google Chrome search.
- The search language is now changed.
Using Chrome Translate:
Another method that can be used is by using a feature of translation given to us by Google Chrome. In order to implement this , follow the steps given below:
- Go to Google Chrome and open the web page you want to translate.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find various languages you can translate it to.
- Click on the desired language that you want to translate it to.