EaseUS offers a free alternative to Partition Magic which is a popular partition manager. EaseUS Partition Master is a free solution for home users allowing you to manage your disk drives in a better way. Main features include:
- Enlarge the size of system drive
- Re-size or Move partitions without reboot
- Copy partitions and disk, With disk copy you can upgrade to newer larger hard disk from older smaller hard disk without the need of re-installation of the Operating System
- Merge two partitions into a large partition without data loss
- Create or delete partitions
- With Wipe data option delete the data in a secure way to prevent unauthorized access to the data
- Split a partition into two or more partitions
- Recover lost or deleted partitions
- Distribute free space among different partitions
- Convert any dynamic disk to basic disk one
- Convert Primary partitions to logical partitions
- Defragment system drives to increase the speed of hard disk read/write operation
- Enable you to find bad sectors on disk drives
- Rebuild MBR Master Boot Record of the hard disk
- Option to handle Linux partitions
- Support for RAID, Removable storage, hard disks and GPT disks (2TB operation on MBR and 4TB operation on GPT disk drives)
- Dual boot support for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- With EaseUS ToDo Backup, backup your system to ensure safety your system in case of accidental damages
If you do an operation in the EaseUS Partition Master, you will see the operation will be listed in the Pending Operation column in the left bottom corner. You need to click on Apply to apply the changes. So this option lets you recheck your operation on your hard disk.
While you run the EASEUS Partition Manager it is recommended to close all other applications utilizing the hard disk.
The software is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8 all 32 bit & 64 bit editions.