Recently I gave the direct download links for Office 2010. If you have already installed Office 2010 and want to install Service Pack 1 that has been released some time ago, then you can either update through Windows update. If you prefer to have an offline installer for Office 2010 SP1, then you can download the service packs from the links given at the end.
The Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 provides increased stability, performance and security improvements to the programs included in the suite. In order to install this update, you will need to have at least the following system configuration:
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3) (32-bit)
- Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) with MSXML 6.0 installed
- Windows Server 2008 or later versions (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit).
You must already have installed Microsoft Office 2010 because the download links only contain the service pack files.
Some of the major improvements in SP1 for Office 2010 include the following:
- The Snooze time feature in Microsoft Outlook now resets between appointments.
- The new default behavior for the “Use Presenter View” option in Microsoft PowerPoint is to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- The community content in the Microsoft Access Application Part Gallery is now integrated.
- Browser support between Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server is better aligned.
- Backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server is improved.
- Word Web App now extends printing support to “Edit Mode."
- Microsoft Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native" support is now available for Office Web Apps and SharePoint products.
- Office Web Apps support for Chrome has been added.
- You can now use Excel Web App to insert charts into Excel workbooks.
- Support is now available for searching PPSX files in Search Server.
- In Microsoft Visio, scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors that occur with SVG export have been fixed.
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish, and European Portuguese.
- Attachment Preview is now available in Outlook Web App (for Exchange Online only).
If you want to know more details about updates included in Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 for individual program like MS Word, Excel PowerPoint etc. then you can visit Microsoft KB2460049.
If you are unsure of whether you have already installed SP1 or not, you will have to open any Office program and go to Help menu to see the current version installed. For example I open Microsoft Excel and then go to File –> Help. Here I can see the version of Office suite that is installed under About Microsoft Excel.
Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 direct download links:
English 32-bit (x86):
English 64-bit (x64):
Arabic 32-bit (x86):
Arabic 64-bit (x64):
Bulgarian 32-bit (x86):
Bulgarian 64-bit (x64):
Chinese (Hong Kong SAR) 32-bit (x86):
Chinese (Hong Kong SAR) 64-bit (x64):
Chinese (Simplified) 32-bit (x86):
Chinese (Simplified) 64-bit (x64):
Chinese (Traditional) 32-bit (x86):
Chinese (Traditional) 64-bit (x64):
Croatian 32-bit (x86):
Croatian 64-bit (x64):
Czech 32-bit (x86):
Czech 64-bit (x64):
Danish 32-bit (x86):
Danish 64-bit (x64):
Dutch 32-bit (x86):
Dutch 64-bit (x64):
Finnish 32-bit (x86):
Finnish 64-bit (x64):
French 32-bit (x86):
French 64-bit (x64):
German 32-bit (x86):
German 64-bit (x64):
Greek 32-bit (x86):
Greek 64-bit (x64):
Hebrew 32-bit (x86):
Hebrew 64-bit (x64):
Hindi 32-bit (x86):
Hindi 64-bit (x64):
Hungarian 32-bit (x86):
Hungarian 64-bit (x64):
Italian 32-bit (x86):
Italian 64-bit (x64):
Japanese 32-bit (x86):
Japanese 64-bit (x64):
Kazakh 32-bit (x86):
Kazakh 64-bit (x64):
Korean 32-bit (x86):
Korean 64-bit (x64):
Latvian 32-bit (x86):
Latvian 64-bit (x64):
Lithuanian 32-bit (x86):
Lithuanian 64-bit (x64):
Norwegian 32-bit (x86):
Norwegian 64-bit (x64):
Polish 32-bit (x86):
Polish 64-bit (x64):
Portuguese (Brazil) 32-bit (x86):
Portuguese (Brazil) 64-bit (x64):
Portuguese (Portugal) 32-bit (x86):
Portuguese (Portugal) 64-bit (x64):
Romanian 32-bit (x86):
Romanian 64-bit (x64):
Russian 32-bit (x86):
Russian 64-bit (x64):
Serbian (Latin) 32-bit (x86):
Serbian (Latin) 64-bit (x64):
Slovak 32-bit (x86):
Slovak 64-bit (x64):
Slovenian 32-bit (x86):
Slovenian 64-bit (x64):
Spanish 32-bit (x86):
Spanish 64-bit (x64):
Swedish 32-bit (x86):
Swedish 64-bit (x64):
Thai 32-bit (x86):
Thai 64-bit (x64):
Turkish 32-bit (x86):
Turkish 64-bit (x64):
Ukrainian 32-bit (x86):
Ukrainian 64-bit (x64):
All the setup downloads are between 350MB to 450MB in size approximately. It took me a few hours to extract all the download links. If I have missed anything or linked to a wrong language setup for MS Office 2010 SP1, please inform me through the comments below. I will try to rectify the bad links.