Microsoft Dynamics is an ERP solution from Microsoft which consists of several modules. The modules can be installed and run as separate applications. So one can install only the modules one needs. The modules include the following:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics SL
- Microsoft Dynamics C5
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics GP is an accounting software which makes use of SQL Server in order to store data. There are several guides for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 installation. Let’s see the guides from Microsoft:
- Analysis Cubes (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008) (AnalysisCubes.pdf or AnalysisCubes.xps): Explains how to install, set up, and use Analysis Cubes, which you can view and customize to analyze your Microsoft Dynamics GP data. Also describes the dimensions, attributes, and measures of the cubes, and explains how to create Excel worksheets with PivotTable reports using the cubes.
- Audit Trails (AuditTrails.pdf or AuditTrails.xps): Explains how to install, upgrade, set up, and use Audit Trails to track change history on any data changes that occur within Microsoft Dynamics GP. Audit Trails helps support compliance with regulations for how you secure, manage, and control your business data, such as Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA 21 CFR Part 11.
- Business Portal Installation Instructions (Release 5.0) (BusinessPortalInstallation50.pdf or BusinessPortalInstallation50.xps): Explains how to install Business Portal on a web server running either Windows SharePoint Services or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. Includes maintenance and troubleshooting information, and also describes how to set up Business Portal for extranet access.
- Business Portal Installation Instructions (Release 5.1) (BusinessPortalInstallation51.pdf or BusinessPortalInstallation51.xps): Explains how to install Business Portal on a Web server running either Windows SharePoint Foundation or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Includes maintenance and troubleshooting information, and also describes how to set up Business Portal for extranet access.
- Electronic Signatures (ElectronicSignatures.pdf or ElectronicSignatures.xps): Describes how to install, set up, and use Electronic Signatures to enable authorizations for system changes and attach reason codes and comments to change history. Electronic Signatures helps you meet the requirements of data compliance regulations such as FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- GDPdU Data Export (GDPDU.pdf or GDPDU.xps): Describes how to install and then use GDPdU Data Export to extract tax-related data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. In Germany, this data is sent to an auditor before the final report is submitted to the tax authorities.
- GST and Australian Taxes (GSTandAustralianTaxes.pdf or GSTandAustralianTaxes.xps): Explains how to install the Australian tax features, and set up and use Goods and Services Tax (GST), Pay As You Go, Business Activity Statement reports, and Pay As You Go reports. Also describes how to enter and view tax information.
- Human Resources and Payroll Suite for Business Portal Installation Guide (BPHRPSuiteInstallation.pdf or BPHRPSuiteInstallation.xps): Describes how to install the Human Resources and Payroll Suite, which includes Benefit Self-Service and Certification, Training, and Licensing Manager.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Installation Instructions (Installation.pdf or Installation.xps): Contains the installation checklist and instructions for installing Microsoft Dynamics GP and its additional products. Also explains how to set up a company and an account framework.
- Personal Data Keeper (PDK.pdf or PDK.xps): Explains how to install, upgrade, and set up Personal Data Keeper, which you can use to enter and submit Project Accounting timesheets and expense reports, regardless of whether you’re connected to the corporate network. Also describes how to enter transactions and complete inquiry and reporting procedures.
- Professional Services Tools Library (ProfServicesToolsLibrary.pdf or ProfServicesToolsLibrary.xps): Explains how to install and use the Professional Services Tools Library, and includes descriptions of the tools available for each series.
- Web Services Installation and Administration Guide (WSInstallAdminGuide.pdf or WSInstallAdminGuide.xps): Explains how to install, administer, and run the web services so they can be used by applications that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP. Also explains how to manage security for the web services.
- Workflow Installation and Upgrade Guide (WorkflowInstallation.pdf or WorkflowInstallation.xps): Explains how to install Workflow components on a web server running Windows SharePoint Services or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Also describes how to upgrade Workflow for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to Workflow for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
All these guides can be downloaded from the Microsoft download page. The system requirements for these documents are as follows:
- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Server 2003;Windows Server 2008;Windows Small Business Server 2003;Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium;Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard;Windows Vista;Windows XP
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- For information about the system requirements for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, see the documentation and resources for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.