The year 2012 has been the year of Microsoft as it has managed to grab attention of media throughout the year with the release of Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Office 2013 and so many other products. With the release of these products, it has become essential for the company to educate the users about using these products. For this purpose, as always, Microsoft has released a number of free e-books which can be downloaded in formats like EPUB, MOBI, PDF etc.
The e-books cover a wide range of topics including Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Office 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2013, SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2010, web development with ASP.NET and .NET Framework 4.0, programming Windows 8 apps, Windows Azure etc. Some of the most interesting e-book titles include the following:
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Step by Step for Anyone
- Microsoft Office 365 for professionals and small businesses: Help and How To
- Deployment guide for SharePoint 2013 Preview
- SQL Server 2012 Upgrade Technical Guide
- QuickStart: Learn DAX Basics in 30 Minutes
- Moving to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Introducing ASP.NET Web Pages 2
- Windows Azure Service Bus Reference
- Programming Windows Phone 7
- Introducing Windows Server 2012 (Based on Beta)
- Own Your Future: Update Your Skills with Resources and Career Ideas from Microsoft
These are only a few titles that I have listed. There are 60+ e-books that are being given by Microsoft for free. You may check the complete list of free e-books from Microsoft.