Firefox 19 Final has been released by Mozilla. As of now, the main website of Firefox does not mention Firefox 19 as the latest stable build but it has been uploaded to Mozilla’s FTP servers and may be downloaded from there (direct download links at the end of the article).
If you are not comfortable with the inline PDF viewer of Firefox 19, you can easily disable it by following the steps below:
- Open Firefox 19
- Go to Tools –> Options –> Applications tab
- Find “Portable Document Format (PDF)”
- Select Always ask from the drop down selection
The second major feature is a security feature. Firefox 19 Awesomebar will now alert the users if an application or add-on changes the default search provider. Now the user will be able to revert to the default search provider with the alert. The search provider can be changed in Firefox through about:config page.
Here is the changelog list of Firefox 19:
- Built-in PDF viewer
- Canvas elements can export their content as an image blob using canvas.toBlob
- Startup performance improvements
- Debugger now supports pausing on exceptions and hiding non-enumerable properties
- Remote Web Console is available for connecting to Firefox on Android or Firefox OS (experimental, set devtools.debugger.remote-enabled to true)
- There is now a Browser Debugger available for add-on and browser developers (experimental, set devtools.chrome.enabled to true)
- Web Console CSS links now open in the Style Editor
- CSS @page is now supported
- CSS viewport-percentage length units implemented (vh, vw, vmin and vmax)
- CSS text-transform now supports full-width
- Starting Firefox with -private flag incorrectly claims you are not in Private Browsing mode
Some unresolved issues include:
- Certain valid WebGL drawing operations are incorrectly rejected, leaving incomplete rendering in affected pages
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash
- For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual
- Windows: The use of Microsoft’s System Restore functionality shortly after updating Firefox may prevent future updates
- Plugins stop rendering when the top half of the plugin is scrolled off the top of the page, in HiDPI mode
Let’s go through the screenshots of Firefox 19 installation (Upgrade) process.
The are the direct download links for Firefox 19 Final setup in en-US. If you want to download Firefox in another language, just go to the following URL and then go to the right folder.