Windows 7 includes the concept of libraries. The concept of libraries is the same as My Documents in Windows XP and earlier versions of Windows. My Documents used to be a single folder located in a single location in the computer while libraries are different folders in different locations shown together. But the problem is that the management of libraries in Windows 7 is not straight forward. There are tools the make Windows 7 Library Management easier.
All the software that we review are included in this category. If you want to look for a specific software, go through the sub-categories listed here.
You get the following error message when trying to sign into Windows Live Messenger:
Windows Live Messenger could not sign you in because the Windows Live ID you entered does not exist or is incorect. If you have forgotten your password, click forgot your password? at the bottom of the main messenger window. Error code: 80048823
This error occurs due to wrong user credentials. To resolve this error you must use the correct username and password. If you have forgotten your password then you can follow the instructions below:
When using the new Windows Live Messenger, the biggest problem that I encounter is the file transfer. It’s very difficult to transfer a file using the default settings because of the security issues. By default, Windows Live Messenger asks for a Virus Scanner to scan the files to be transferred. There are two ways to overcome this problem and get rid of this error or warning message:
“You have chosen to transfer a file which may be unsafe. You must enable virus scanning software to transfer this file.”
Install OneCare Virus Scanner
One method of getting rid of this error message is to install the tool provided by Microsoft i.e, OneCare Virus Scanner. You can install the scanner right from the error message window. Just click on Install button and the scanner will be automatically downloaded and installed. Now this scanner will scan every file before it gets transferred. Sometimes the Install button will be grayed out. In this situation, the next method will work as an alternative.
Finally Windows Live Essentials 2011 is available for download from Microsoft officially. Windows Live Essentials 2011 has been released for Windows 7 and Windows Vista only. Windows XP users will have to stick with the older version of Windows Live Essentials.
- Windows Live Essentials is a suite of applications which include the following:
- Windows Live Family Safety to keep your kids safe online.
- Windows Live Mesh to let you sync files and folders across different PCs.
- Windows Live Photo Gallery to share photos on SkyDrive, Flickr, SmugMug, Facebook and more.
- Windows Live Movie Maker for editing your Videos and publishing them instantly on Youtube.
- Windows Live Messenger to stay in contact with your friends. The new Windows Live Messenger 2011 also includes communication among your Facebook, LinkedIn and MySpace friends.
- Windows live Writer let you publish your blogs easily and instantly to many servces including WordPress.com, Blogger, TypePad.
- Windows Live Mail to keep track of your emails from popular email providers including Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo.