AVG Antivirus is a very popular free antivirus used by millions of home users around the world. AVG has recently released AVG Antivirus 2013 Free. If you are already using AVG Antivirus 2012, you may be able to upgrade it to the latest version. But if you just want to test the antivirus or you are having problems with already installed AVG Antivirus 2013, you may want to uninstall or remove it from your computer. There are two ways to remove all the files and registry entries create by AVG product.
1- Through Control Panel
The first way is to properly uninstall the product from Control Panel. Follow the instructions below to completely uninstall AVG Antivirus 2013. This method can also be used to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2013.
- Go to Control Panel –> Programs and Features (Uninstall a program)
- Select AVG Antivirus 2013 from the list and click on the Uninstall button
- You will be given three options. Speed up my PC, Update my AVG product, Uninstall AVG.
- Select the third option.
- During the uninstallation process, you will be asked if you want to remove the user settings and virus vault entries. If you do not intend to install AVG Antivirus Free 2013 again, then you can check these options so that all the settings are removed.
- Restart your computer to complete the uninstallation process.
2- Using AVG Remover Tool
If you are unable to uninstall AVG product following the above method, then you’ll need to use AVG remover tool which will remove all AVG related folders, files, registry entries and services from the system. This tool has been provided by AVG for emergency purposes. The use of this removal tool is like using brute force method of removing all the files associated with AVG Antivirus 2013. You should only use it when the first method fails. Follow the steps below in order to use AVG Remover Tool.
- Make sure that you don’t have any file or application open when running the removal tool as the tool will restart the computer automatically after removing all the related entries.
- Download AVG Remover Tool from AVG support site.
- Accept the license agreement from AVG.
- From the next dialog, select “Yes, remove AVG”.
- You will see a command prompt windows processing several commands.
- When the removal process completes, the computer will restart automatically.