Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 is finally released. A service pack from Microsoft contains all the updates of the previous year plus the new updates which will improve the security and performance of the Microsoft product. Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 can be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows update but if you want to manually install the service pack, we will provide the download links for SP1 64-bit and 32-bit at the end of this article.
Please note that the free update will only work for PCs which have genuine Windows. If you don’t have genuine Windows, you’ll not be able to download and install Office 2010 SP1 from Windows Updates. Some of the updates that are included in Service Pack 1 are as follows:
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
- Office client suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel